Advanced Care Paramedic
Advanced Care Paramedic
$39.42 - $44.01 per hour (OPSEU 207)
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please view the recruitment process at Halton Paramedic Recruitment Process for instructions on registering for the written exam portion.
There are multiple part-time and full-time positions available.
We will be communicating with candidates via email with instructions on registering for the written exam portion of the competition. Please ensure to provide a valid email address and to check all folders including junk and spam for our communications.
Preferred Background for Primary Care Paramedic:
An Advanced Care Paramedic currently certified and in good standing with a Base Hospital within the Province of Ontario. The successful candidate must be qualified to work in an ambulance in Ontario as required by the Ambulance Act and Regulations. Current certification in CPR and a valid ‘F’ class Ontario Driver’s License is required. Ability to work under stressful situations and exercise sound judgment in an emergency environment is essential. Must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with the entire healthcare team.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs, and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
ACP candidates are required to be currently certified by an Ontario Base Hospital in order to be considered for employment. This position requires the incumbent to work various shifts including nights and weekends. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen.
- Performs primary casualty care and under the direction of the Base Hospital Medical Director, controlled acts as approved. Advanced Care Paramedics perform primary care and advanced care as required.
- Performs primary (PCP) / advanced (ACP) casualty care as above when functioning as a first responder.
- Ensures security of vehicles, stations, equipment/supplies and controlled drugs at all times.
- Ensures safe transportation and ongoing medical care for ill and/or injured patients to and from medical facilities or required destination.
- Provides a detailed patient report to medical staff upon arrival at the receiving facility.
- Completes Ambulance Call Reports/other documentation as required in a timely fashion.
- Maintains contact/complies with the Central Ambulance Communications Centre at all times regarding vehicle movements, status of ambulances, call assignments and the transportation of patients to medical facilities or required destination.
- Inspects the ambulance vehicle, patient care equipment and supplies to ensure they are maintained in a clean and functional state.
- Completes vehicle check sheets as required.
- Attends mandatory training programs, continuing medical education programs and divisional training programs as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
December 7, 2018
January 1, 2019
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job