Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
|Position Overview||What does a Police Constable do? |
A Police Constable improves and maintains the safety, security and quality of life for Halton residents through the application of community policing methods; contributes to the development of Service goals, and participates in activities and projects; enforces federal, provincial and municipal statutes in response to citizens’ complaints, service calls and special assignments; prepares and processes charges under federal, provincial and municipal statutes, and gives evidence in Court.
|Responsibilities/Requirements||Possess an O.A.C.P. Certificate of Results|
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be of good moral character and habits.
- Have successfully completed secondary school or the approved equivalent to the Ontario education system.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence (minimum Class G).
- Possess a current Standard First Aid certificate and a current CPR certificate (Basic Rescuer Level C).
- Meet vision standards of uncorrected visual acuity of at least 20/40 binocularly, corrected visual acuity should be at least 20/20 binocularly, with normal colour vision.
- Meet normal hearing standards.