Full Time Resource Nurse
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hours – Weekdays (8-4)
The Resource Nurse is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the NICU and Inpatient Pediatrics unit in collaboration with the Clinical Manager. This individual will be an active participant in department activities which facilitates achievement of departmental goals and objectives through the following practices:
Promote collaborative team practice amongst disciplines.
Plan, co-ordinate, and direct patient care activities in the department.
Assign duties to team members that are consistent with the member’s knowledge, skill and scope of practice.
Assess departmental needs during the shift and readjusts assignments as needed.
Act as a resource, mentor and role model for staff members communicating appropriate knowledge, skills, values, and judgment.
Adapt to changing workloads, collaborating with colleagues within the unit and with other clinical areas adjusting priorities as needed.
First line of resolution to patient complaints and unusual occurrences.
Active in unit activities and GRH committees. where appropriate
Contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
• Current RN License with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• BSCN preferred
• 5 or more years of Pediatric (general or PICU), and Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing Experience (level IIB, or level III) required
• Perinatal Intensive Care Nursing Certificate required
• Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certification
• Current PALS Certification
• Demonstrated ability for critical thinking, effective problem solving and conflict resolution
• Demonstrated clinical competence in nursing practice, knowledge and technical expertise specific to Pediatrics and Neonatal Nursing
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, communication skills necessary to promote positive interdisciplinary team dynamics
• Demonstrated ability to interact positively with patients, families, and general public
• Demonstrated reliability, dependability and adaptability
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
• Ability to promote and coordinate department staff development opportunities
• Demonstrated commitment to Person and Family Centered care philosophy
• Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary team philosophy
• Good attendance record