Unscheduled Part-Time Registered Practical Nurse
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 hour shifts
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, is responsible for the co-ordination of total nursing care for an assigned group of patients. The RPN works closely with other nursing staff and patient team personnel, in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice within the clinical setting.
The position requires heavy work, involves pushing and pulling moderate and heavy objects, extensive physical movements (walking, crouching). The RPN contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Preference will be given to individuals with Complex Continuing Care/or ventilator experience
• Palliative experience preferred
• Strong interdisciplinary team skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good attendance record