Casual Registered Nurse
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 Hour Shifts
At Grand River Hospital, we work with the communities we serve towards life-long health and well-being for all. We exist to provide exceptional care through inspired people, one patient at a time. Our Mental Health & Addictions Program strives to deliver exceptional patient experience, excellent patient access, and engaged staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the patient, family, multidisciplinary team and other service providers to coordinate, facilitate and participate in assessment, treatment intervention, groups, as well as discharge planning for children and adolescents. The nurse will have charge nurse responsibilities, when required. The nurse will also contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• BScN preferred
• Three years relevant experience working within a Psychiatric Acute Care Setting required
• Required minimum of at least one year experience working with children and adolescents presenting with complex mental health problems
• Strong knowledge of Child & Adolescent Community Resources preferred
• Practices in accordance with Canadian Standards of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
• Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act and F&CS.
• Functions effectively & collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team
• Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing certificate preferred
• De-escalation training and Code White experience
• Current knowledge and experience in administration/monitoring of psychotropic medication for the Child and Adolescent population
• Knowledge and skills in initial Family Assessment/Family Systems Nursing
• Knowledge and skill in interviewing and group facilitation
• Demonstrated ability to work with varying ages of children/adolescents presenting a wide range of emotional and behavioural problems required
• CPR Certification is required
• Demonstrated skills in de-escalation, crisis assessment and risk management required
• Good attendance record