POSITION: Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient Pharmacy - Full Time
HOURS OF WORK: 7.5 Hour Shifts
The Pharmacy Technician accurately dispenses and compounds medication, using pharmaceutical calculations. This position requires the preparation of aseptic IV admixtures, chemotherapy agents and other sterile dosage forms. At GRH pharmacy technicians are responsible to ensure safe, effective and timely medication distribution using a decentralized closed loop distribution model. This distribution model relies on the following pharmacy automation to support auditable, traceable medication management: high capacity packager, medication carousels, and automated dispensing cabinets. The Pharmacy Technician will also be required to participate in medication reconciliation by supporting Best Possible Medication History completion through patient interviews. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable about pharmacy regulations and issues relating to staff and patient safety within the work environment, as pharmacy technicians contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Pharmacy Technician Diploma from an Accredited 2 year Program required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Two years Hospital Pharmacy experience required.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work in an independent and cooperative manner.
• Working knowledge of hospital pharmacy computer systems is an asset.
• Working knowledge of aseptic IV preparation and chemotherapeutic agents would be an asset
• Proof of Regulation with Ontario College of Pharmacists is required.
• Good attendance record.