Full time Financial Accountant and AP Supervisor
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 Hour Shifts - Monday to Friday, Overtime may be required.
• Performs month-end GL close procedures including journal entries, significant ongoing reconciliation of complex general ledger accounts including investigation and resolution of any accounting discrepancies or irregularities
• Responsible for maintenance of Infor financial systems and the AP module of Cerner system including troubleshooting system errors with Information Technology Department.
• Assist as needed with monitoring and responding to inquiries about expense management
• Assists with the interim and year-end external audit including preparation of financial reports, leadsheets and auditor reports
• Supervises the Accounts Payable clerical staff including review of their work regarding completeness and accuracy of daily entry and matching of invoices into the system, processing weekly payments and resolving conflict with vendors
• Provide high degree of general accounting & financial reporting support, financial statement preparation, analysis and interpretation.
• Assist with prepare trial balance submissions to Ministry of Health.
• Develop and foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders by providing financial guidance and oversight to business support areas such as, but not limited to, Payroll, Patient Accounts and Accounts Payable.
• Special projects focusing on lean improvements for transaction processing across finance functional areas
• Other related duties as required
• Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related discipline is required
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation is required
• Hospital accounting experience and experience supervising unionized staff (2 years minimum)
• A high level of computer proficiency in software applications including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, ERP systems and business intelligence system
• Ability to develop solutions to complex problems
• Extensive experience in report writing software
• Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communications (written, verbal and presentation)
• Experience with the OHRS(MIS) reporting standards for the Ontario Ministry of Health preferred
• Good attendance record