Temporary Full-time Evening Pharmacist
Until approximately September 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour shifts
3 - 11 pm Evenings
Clinical pharmacist to provide pharmaceutical care, work collaboratively with the Emergency Department team, assist with admission medication reconciliation and be part of the Code Blue/Trauma response in the Emergency Department between the hours of 3 pm to 11 pm. In addition, the pharmacist is responsible to respond to clinical and distribution needs arising from the patient care units after pharmacy hours until the end of shift. All of our technicians are certified by the Ontario College of Pharmacists and take full responsibility for all of the distribution functions of pharmacy services.
GRH Pharmacy Services plays a prominent leadership role in this organization through involvement in Patient Safety and Quality initiatives and the Joint Medication and Therapeutics Committee, with an ultimate goal to improve medication safety for all patients. All pharmacy staff contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Bachelor degree in Pharmacy
• Current pharmacist license with the Ontario College of Pharmacists, Part A
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated initiative
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
• Proven good attendance record
• Hospital Residency preferred
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience in-patient hospital pharmacy practice preferred