Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Management the incumbent ensures college property is safe during the winter season for all staff, students, and visitors of the Barrie Campus. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Using college equipment and vehicles to plow snow from parking lots, roadways, driveways, entrances and walkways throughout the property
- Extensive manual shoveling and salting of sidewalks and doorways is mandatory
- Applying salt via truck-mounted spreaders and or manually
- Completing accurate log sheets during and at end of each shift for submission
- Maintaining salt bins, emptying garbage containers and other outdoor duties as assigned
- A valid G driver’s license
- Previous experience operating snow plows and heavy equipment including: loaders, tractors and trucks with plows, blowers, snow pushers and snow blowers (walk behind)
- Experience in minor mechanical repairs / equipment maintenance
- Must be able and willing to meet the physical demands of the position (physical ability to shovel snow, lift heavy bags of salt, scrape ice, etc.)
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment, and follow instructions
- Available to work non-traditional hours including overnight, early morning, weekend, and afternoon shifts with limited advance notice
These positions are open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.