Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Responsible for building, updating and maintaining the Georgian College and associated websites
- Developing web page templates, navigation, forms, on-page elements and landing pages
- Undertaking maintenance and fixing of web pages and code.
- Configuring and customizing CMS (Content Management System), plug-ins, working with APIs and integrating with other tools
- Ensuring that the website is up-to-date, functional and effective.
- Leading and conducting CMS maintenance and upgrades, working collaboratively with IT
- Ensuring the site meets all standards including AODA, search engine optimization, responsive design, etc.
- Leading and managing projects including liaising with clients and other members of the web team and IT
- Working collaboratively with the team to plan/implement ongoing improvements and enhancements to the web
- Testing/debugging in multiple browsers & screen sizes
- Utilizing and leveraging tools and platforms to gain insights and inform recommendations for web updates and improvements
- Keeping up-to-date on web trends and technology and recommending new features
- Acting as the key technical day-to-day service provider to all internal web stakeholders, responding to requests and assisting with problems
- Troubleshooting and providing technical support to content authors on an immediate needs basis
- Responsible for the ongoing technical guidance and support for all new and existing content providers from departments and service areas across the college
- Developing and delivering CMS training sessions to content authors across the college.
- Determining and recommending when clients would benefit from additional remedial assistance
- Managing, granting, modifying and deleting CMS permissions for all editors
- Collaborating with MarCom team members to build CRM email templates and other elements as required
- Successfully completed a two year diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to computer studies, web design and development
- A minimum of three years’ experience in website design, development and maintenance working within a content management system, with plug-ins and API’s, and integrating with tools
- Experience providing technical support and guidance to both technical and non-technical users / clients
- Experience in website design, development, and maintenance in a large organization where systems are integrated into the website is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging web trends and technology
- Project management experience related to the web
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills to meet competing and / or strict project timelines
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.