Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Providing information and clarification to employees regarding Human Resources procedures and payroll processes
- Processing regular payroll changes and updating/maintaining the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) / Human Capital Management (HCM)
- Reviewing non-full-time faculty contract information entered by academic areas on the Contract Bolt On (CBO), approving the contracts, and providing initial troubleshooting to CBO users as required
- Completing salary evaluations for non-full-time faculty
- Tracking and monitoring of service/hours for assigned client groups
- Communicate/explain new processes to managers and staff and assist in the explanation of HR related initiatives
- Generating reports from the HRIS/HCM and conducting analysis’ on various information to ensure adherence to the collective agreement, procedures, etc.
- Providing back-up coverage in the department as required
- Successfully completed a three year post-secondary diploma/degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to accounting or business administration
- Completion of Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) courses would be an asset
- Three years of experience working with compensation and payroll in a fast paced payroll/HR or Accounting/Finance department
- Experience working with and interpreting Collective Agreements/policies & procedures
- Proven computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite and email applications to generate reports, prepare documents and manipulate spreadsheets
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with a computerized HRIS/HCM (preferably PeopleSoft version 9.2 or higher)
- Interpersonal, customer service and communication (oral/written) skills in order to communicate information and provide explanations and/or clarification with tact and diplomacy
- Must be detail oriented with mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills to calculate payroll information (i.e. salary evaluations, retroactive payment adjustments, etc.)
- Working knowledge of benefit and pension plans would be an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced deadline driven environment juggling multiple tasks to ensure timelines are met
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.