Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Graphic Design and Communications Support:
- Responsible for concept development, design and production of marketing and communications products, such as: student planner, signage, web/digital media, flyers, posters, sponsorship packages, SWAG, etc. by:
- Meeting with clients or team members to discuss projects/ideas/events, design expectations, target audience, deadlines, etc.
- Preparing and presenting recommendations and concepts to clients
- Working collaboratively with the GCSA and its affiliated businesses/services to maintain brand standards and consistency throughout all marketing materials
- Developing creative for print and digital formats
- Proof-reading all work
- Preparing files for print production
- Obtaining price quotes, coordinating delivery/production timelines and coding invoices
- Researches, develops and implements marketing campaigns aligned with the overall goals of GCSA and its affiliated businesses/services (GCSA Elections, Orientation and Get Connected, awareness campaigns, hiring campaigns, advocacy and event campaigns)
- Providing guidance and support to student positions (i.e. VP Student Engagement, ambassadors, etc.) to design and execute their event ideas.
- Developing and managing website content for GCSA and its affiliated businesses/services, including: external website, Intranet and Student Portal according to the college’s media practices and guidelines.
- Creating and sharing content on GCSA’s social media accounts
- Developing and managing GCSA-owned digital signage across campus
- Providing guidance and support to student social media specialist role
- Working collaboratively with Marketing and Communications and IT to implement plans to leverage social media, website, Student Portal and other tools to engage internal and external audiences.
Other duties as required which includes but is not limited to:
- Organizing and participating in college-wide events (i.e. GCSA Clubs Week, Leadership Conference, and Georgian Awards)
- Attending weekly GCSA meetings
- Represent GCSA on college-wide committees (i.e. Web Task Force)
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field that may include, but is not limited to graphic or web design
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a role where duties included drafting and producing communications and marketing products using graphic design software and multimedia
- Experience in graphic and web design software (i.e. Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premier Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator) in a PC environment
- Experience in the use of HTML, WordPress and SharePoint
- Experience supporting and guiding others during the planning, coordination and execution of advertising and preparing promotional materials for events
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Demonstrated organization, planning, coordination and time management skills
- Proven ability to use good judgment and diplomacy while problem solving
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment where interruptions may be frequent
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.