Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
Reporting to the Manager, Student Recruitment the incumbents will work collaboratively with Georgian College’s marketing team during the fall student recruitment period. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing recruitment and marketing strategies for Georgian College’s apprenticeships, diplomas, graduate certificates and degree programs
- Delivering multi-media presentations and workshops aimed at recruitment and an increased profile for Georgian College
- Representing Georgian College at recruitment / events by implementing marketing strategies to promote and solicit students using formal presentations and participating in trade shows, career fairs and college / university information events
- Tailoring recruitment strategies for both the high school audience and the large population of adult learners
- Preparing and delivering presentations / workshops at conferences / trade show and on campus to a wide variety of audiences
- Using telephone, email, social media and web strategies to help build relationships between Georgian College and potential students and influencers
- Participating in a number of recruitment events such as: Fall Open House, Ontario University Fair / Ontario College Information Fair and College Information Program and Community Info Nights
- During on-site time provides guidance and information to college and university bound students regarding Georgian College, the application process / procedures and pathways
- Providing admission and articulation agreement information for those interested in University studies at Georgian and communicating programs, policies and procedures to key influencers (Guidance Counselors, teachers and parents)
- Preparing reports summarizing attendance data, audience demographics, and entering other information from various events into Salesforce, our CRM database platform
- Successfully completed a two-year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to marketing or business administration
- Six months’ experience in the marketing / communication field where duties included preparing marketing material and delivering presentations
- Computer experience with Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook Excel) and CRM software (Salesforce/Eloqua)
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations, (sometimes in multiple locations on the same day)
- Experience gathering data and preparing reports, including expense reports
- Demonstrated communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid “G” Class driver’s license with reliable transportation and at least 21 years of age to meet the requirements of renting transportation
- Ability to work non-traditional hours with occasional overnight travel to represent Georgian at various events throughout Ontario
- Must be able to meet the physical needs of the position (i.e., lifting 35-40 lb. boxes, bending, setting up / dismantling display booths unaided)
- Knowledge of Georgian College programs is an asset
- Georgian College / UPC graduate would be an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.