Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Registration and Student Records:
- Advising and assisting students with in-person, phone or online registration including demonstrating the registration system, verifying proper course selection in order to meet graduation requirements and correcting records, troubleshooting student registration / record issues
- Admitting part-time studies students into applicable part-time studies programs, creating new student records and student numbers
- Ensuring student fees have been assessed correctly; processing tuition payments or deposits and reconciling payments using cashiering system
- Processing company billing registrations, ensuring contracts are set up in registration system
- Assisting students with applying for transfer credits, including fee assessment
- Preparing student enrolment letters for students, including fee assessment where required
- Processing student withdrawals
- Processing grade changes for current term and refunds where applicable
- Maintaining student records; assisting students with changes to their records and fee assessments, ensuring changes are within policy and meet the students’ desired outcome; reviewing academic decisions for student advancement to subsequent semesters; ensuring College practices and procedures are followed and if necessary escalating student issues
- Contacting and removing students, if necessary, from part-time courses for non-payment
- Maintaining contact with the Senior Officer(s) to identify student record errors requiring academic response; determining validity of current records and remaining current on all program and course changes
- Identifying course information errors on website and informing appropriate staff
- Participating in marketing events such as Open Houses and Get Connected
- Assisting students with information regarding registration, add / drop and withdrawal processes, deadlines, etc.
- Referring students to testing services
- Responding to email inquiries
- Informing students about the Request to Graduate application process
- Determining graduation eligibility and working with Program coordinators and other academic departments to follow up on information as required and reviewing all changes after final grades are submitted to determine impact to the potential graduate
- Initiating and sending correspondence to students advising them of graduation status and updating records accordingly
- Determining students eligibility for awards based on overall grade point average for that program
- Participating in convocation ceremonial duties as required
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to office administration, business or business administration
- Three years of experience in a customer service role in a fast paced office environment where duties included processing a variety of complex inquiries and services
- Experience taking payments and preparing deposits using an electronic cashiering system (preferably Touchnet)
- Experience with data entry and a demonstrated ability to follow and communicate a system’s approach to enter information and provide guidance to applicants while using the Student Information system (Banner)
- Demonstrated customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (oral / written) to liaise with a varied client group with professionalism and tact
- Detail oriented with demonstrated mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills to work effectively, handling numerous tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently and participate as an effective team member
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) to create and analyze spreadsheets and generate correspondence
- Knowledge of and experience using a Student Information System, preferably Banner, is an asset
- Previous educational admissions / registrarial experience is an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.