Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates, communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE. Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Manager, Registration, Records and Reporting, the incumbent delivers a broad range of client services relating to registration, records, fees, and convocation processes and services. This includes utilizing customer service queue management systems to aid in the communication and service delivery to students. (front line, in person, online, by phone). The incumbent is also responsible for supporting all college staff in using educational technologies and applications (Banner, MyPath) through tipsheets, workshops, one on one coaching, tool development and web development skills. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating the web registration system and verify that the students are selecting courses correctly to meet graduation requirements
- Ensuring students are registered in the proper semester and taking corrective action if required
- Ensuring part-time and non-credit students are registered in the correct course/section and that fees have been assessed correctly
- Processing tuition payments / deposits and reconcile payments using an electronic cashiering system (Touchnet)
- Processing grade changes for current term and program changes / withdrawing students and processing refunds if courses are cancelled or students withdraw
- Maintaining post-secondary student records by making adjustments for course additions and program/course withdrawals
- Reviewing academic decisions for student advancement to subsequent semesters as required
- Maintaining daily contact with Coordinators to identify the student record errors requiring academic response, determine validity of current records and stay current on all program and course changes
- Participating in marketing events such as Open Houses and Preview Days to assist in the recruitment of potential students
- Determining graduation eligibility by assessing student academic records to ensure that all requirements have been met
- Initiating and sending correspondence to students advising them of graduation status / updating student records accordingly. Reviewing records for any outstanding fees/items and notify the student (blacklist). Determine students eligible for awards based on overall grade point average for that program. (Governor General’s medal, Georgian Scholar)
- Participating in convocation ceremonial duties (gowning, marshalling, supervising etc.)
- Providing support to all college staff in the use of Registrar systems (Banner, MyPath)
- Planning and conducting workshops, demonstrations and individual training. Providing on-line help, coaching and troubleshooting to support college staff
- Creating and maintaining documentation for reference and support-tip sheets, manuals, training documents, viewlets / videos etc.
- Creating and maintaining process documentation for Office of the Registrar processes done in other areas of the college (i.e. registration)
- Complementing and providing cross functional backup / support to the Client Services portfolio during peak periods or as required to meet deadlines or to maintain / enhance service delivery
- Other duties as required
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to office administration, business or business administration
- A minimum of three years of increasing responsibility within an office environment, preferably in an education institution, which included frontline customer service, taking payments using a cashiering system and preparing a daily deposit
- Experience with data entry and a demonstrated ability to follow and communicate a system’s approach to enter information and provide guidance to applicants while using the Student Information system, Banner
- Demonstrated customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (oral / written) to liaise with a varied client group with professionalism and tact
- Detail oriented with demonstrated mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills to work effectively, handling numerous tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently and participate as an effective team member
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) to create and analyze spreadsheets and generate correspondence
- Knowledge of and experience using a Student Information System, preferably Banner is an asset
- Previous educational admissions / registrarial experience is an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.