Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Providing program delivery support for courses, seminars, workshops, and customized training including:
- Acting as a frontline resource to current and potential students and clients to provide information and guidance about courses / programs, eligibility, registration, etc.
- Verifying program information for the Registrar’s Office and other departments
- Ensuring registration, course/program data is captured correctly and accurately
- Assisting with creating and submitting new course code requests to scheduling
- Handling all logistics for program, course and service delivery including arranging facilities, coordinating and securing acquisition of texts, materials, etc.
- Providing data to the Manager as needed to determine if a class or workshop should proceed (eg. low enrolment, class cancellation)
Providing support for programs including:
- Preparing correspondence as required by the Manager or on behalf of the department
- Utilizing the registration system to support programs
- Distributing promotional materials
- Supporting the recruitment of faculty which includes preparing necessary payroll and human resources documentation and assisting with the set-up and orientation of logistics for new faculty (office space, computer accounts, telephone set-up, etc.)
- Assisting with the faculty evaluation process by organizing, distributing, collecting and preparing results for the manager
- Assisting with financial processes (processing / monitoring expenses, preparing purchase orders / bookstore requisitions and invoices, etc.)
- Approving expenses for program costs from non-salary accounts within set limits (e.g. books, materials, supplies, catering, etc.)
- Providing administrative support for programs (copying course materials, print orders, etc.)
- Working collaboratively with Marketing and Events Specialist and the Manager to develop marketing materials as well as copy for annual PT Studies calendar and ensures accuracy of copy including course details and fees
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business, communications or marketing
- Three years of experience in an office environment providing administrative and general office support preferably within a continuing education or training environment supporting training initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Proven communication skills (written and oral)
- Computer skills and knowledge using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and PeopleSoft
- Experience using a computerized database to enter information and generate reports
- Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced deadline driven environment juggling multiple projects to ensure timelines are met
- Experience in an academic institution using a student information system (preferably Banner) is an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.