Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Develop and deliver a wide variety of courses in our Electrical Techniques program
- Evaluate student progress / achievement
- Maintain subject expertise through professional development, contact with industry, other educational institutions and/or professional bodies
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment
- Incorporate a variety of learning / teaching strategies and technologies to meet student needs
- Participate in portfolio / academic / campus and college-wide activities as required
- Participate in course / curriculum revision, course / program revision and renewal activities
- Develop alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
- Detailed descriptions of responsibilities, are defined in the classification definition of professor in the Academic Collective Agreement
- A Certificate of Apprenticeship and Certificate of Qualification [309A]
- A minimum of five years’ practical work experience in the electrical trade at the Journeyperson level
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
- Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising and student success strategies
- Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset
This position will be open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.