Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
We are seeking a full-time Professor across our Office Administration Health Services Diploma Program. As a faculty member at Georgian College you will have the opportunity to apply your passion for teaching and share your rich industry experience by creating a supportive and effective learning environment which allows students to achieve their full academic potential. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver a wide variety of courses in our Office Administration Health Services Diploma Program
- Evaluate student progress / achievement
- Maintain subject expertise through professional development, contact with industry, other educational institutions and/or professional bodies
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment
- Incorporate a variety of learning / teaching strategies and technologies to meet student needs
- Participate in portfolio / academic / campus and college-wide activities as required
- Participate in course / curriculum revision, course / program revision and renewal activities
- Develop alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
- Detailed descriptions of responsibilities, are defined in the classification definition of professor in the Academic Collective Agreement
- Bachelor of Health Administration, Business, Science, or Bachelor degree in a closely related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years’ practical experience concentrated in health administration
- Competencies consisting of health document preparation, office procedures, medical terminology application, and electronic medical record systems (EMR)
- Previous teaching experience at a postsecondary level and/or adult training experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to contribute to, and work in, a positive team environment and to foster the same in their students’commitment to life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite, Integrated software, Web-based simulations and labs, Student information systems and database applications
Additional Asset / Preferred:
- MBA, MSc or Masters degree in a closely related field
- Cross-functional knowledge as it relates to the field of Health and or Health Administration
- Community and or volunteerism contributions related to the field of Health Services /Administration
- Demonstrated use of current technologies to support student learning and management of grades (e.g. learning management systems, Student Information Systems, audience response tools)
- Experience with online course development and / or online teaching
- Experience in some or all of the following: universal design for learning, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, student success strategies
- Ability to effectively integrate new technology into teaching and learning, the ability to source and or implement initiatives as they relate to the field of Health
- The ability to teach in more than one subject or related program area
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.