Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
We are seeking a full-time Professor for the Engineering Technology program area. As a faculty member at Georgian College you will have the opportunity to apply your passion for teaching and share your rich industry experience by creating a supportive and effective learning environment which allows students to achieve their full academic potential. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver CADD courses in the Engineering Technology program area
- Will champion integration of Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Autodesk® Civil 3D® with information technology at the campus
- Will collaborate across programs to increase quality of CADD delivery
- Evaluate student progress / achievement
- Maintain subject expertise through professional development, contact with industry, other educational institutions, and/or professional bodies.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment.
- Incorporate a variety of learning / teaching strategies and technologies to meet student needs.
- Participate in portfolio / academic / campus, and college-wide activities as required
- Participate in course / curriculum revision, course / program revision and renewal activities
- Develop alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
- Detailed descriptions of responsibilities, are defined in the classification definition of professor in the Academic Collective Agreement
- A minimum of a 3 year advanced diploma in civil engineering technology, environmental technology or related field and/or a Bachelor Degree in one or more of the following fields: civil engineering, environmental science or equivalent
- Industrial experience of 5 years working directly with the operation and execution of Civil 3D and in teams within the last 7 years
- Current professional experience with the following applications: Autodesk® AutoCAD® (version 2015 or newer), and Autodesk® Civil 3D® (version 2015 or newer)
- Previous teaching experience at a postsecondary level and/or adult training experience.
- Practical skills in resolving information technology challenges.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to contribute to, and work in, a positive team environment and to foster the same in their students
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
Additional Asset / Preferred:
- Preference will be given to applicants with CET designation or PEng designation depending on type of post secondary education
- Work experience with ESRI® ArcGIS® (version 2015 or newer).
- Work experience with Autodesk Revit (version 2015 or newer)
- Professional qualifications and/or certification from industry related bodies.
- Experience with online course development and / or online teaching.
- Experience in some or all of the following: curriculum development, universal design for learning, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Computer literacy: Learning Management System / Web Delivery Software (i.e. Blackboard) and Student Information Systems
- Ability to effectively integrate new technology into teaching and learning
- The ability to teach in more than one subject or related program area
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to present a teaching lesson during the interview and / or present a professional portfolio.
Acceptable proof of education (degrees, credentials) from recognized post-secondary institutions or confirmation of international equivalencies will be required as part of the selection process.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.