Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Develop and deliver CADD courses in the Engineering Technology program area
- Will champion integration of Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Autodesk® Civil 3D® with information technology at the campus
- Will collaborate across programs to increase quality of CADD delivery
- Evaluate student progress / achievement
- Maintain subject expertise through professional development, contact with industry, other educational institutions, and/or professional bodies.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment.
- Incorporate a variety of learning / teaching strategies and technologies to meet student needs.
- Participate in portfolio / academic / campus, and college-wide activities as required
- Participate in course / curriculum revision, course / program revision and renewal activities
- Develop alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
- Detailed descriptions of responsibilities, are defined in the classification definition of professor in the Academic Collective Agreement
- Minimum education requirements: Bachelor’s degree in one or more of the following fields: civil engineering, environmental science or equivalent coupled with demonstrated minimum industrial experience of 3 years working directly with the operation and execution of Civil 3D and in teams within the last 7 years OR 3 year advanced diploma in civil engineering technology, environmental technology or related field with additional professional certification such as CET or post graduate certificate coupled with demonstrated minimum industrial experience of 5 years working directly with the operation and execution of Civil 3D and in teams within the last 7 years
- Current professional experience with the following applications: Autodesk® AutoCAD® (version 2015 or newer), and Autodesk® Civil 3D® (version 2015 or newer)
- Previous teaching experience at a postsecondary level and/or adult training experience.
- Practical skills in resolving information technology challenges.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to contribute to, and work in, a positive team environment and to foster the same in their students.
- Commitment to life-long learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations.
Additional Asset / Preferred:
- Masters degree in civil engineering or design related field preferred
- Work experience with ESRI® ArcGIS® (version 2015 or newer).
- Work experience with Autodesk Revit (version 2015 or newer)
- Professional qualifications from industry related bodies.
- Experience with online course development and / or online teaching.
- Experience in some or all of the following: curriculum development, universal design for learning, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Computer literacy: Learning Management System / Web Delivery Software (i.e. Blackboard) and Student Information Systems
- Ability to effectively integrate new technology into teaching and learning
- The ability to teach in more than one subject or related program area
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to present a teaching lesson during the interview and / or present a professional portfolio.
Acceptable proof of education (degrees, credentials) from recognized post-secondary institutions or confirmation of international equivalencies will be required as part of the selection process.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Consideration will first be given to qualified internal full-time and partial-load employees, in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.