Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Provide on the floor hands-on leadership, support and functional guidance to student employees to ensure procedures are followed, and service times and food quality meet all necessary standards
- Assist with scheduling of student employees, which includes contacting staff to ensure adequate coverage based on volume of business and staff availability and attendance reporting
- Ensure high level of customer service and guest satisfaction
- Provide on the floor hands-on leadership, support and functional guidance to student employees to ensure procedures are followed, and service times and food quality meet all necessary standards, including health and safety
- Complete necessary communication logs and recording of daily wastage
- Ensure food is prepared and delivered to clients in a timely manner and within quality standards
- Monitor product stock levels to ensure product is available for the next day, and assist in the creation of prep sheets for the following day
- Ensure cash handling procedures are followed
- Maintain equipment by ensuring preventative and regular maintenance is completed
- Provide input into the menu development
- Act as first point of contact for customer concerns to ensure high quality guest experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Successfully completed a secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Current enrolment in a postsecondary program, preferably in a hospitality/culinary field is an asset
- Three years’ experience in the hospitality industry
- Two years’ experience working in a café/coffee shop
- Experience providing leadership, support and functional guidance to staff, preferably in a student-run facility
- Working knowledge of a POS system, preferably MICROS
- Experience in catering considered an asset
- Food Handling Certificate considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication (written/oral) skills
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative, work independently as well as within a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced deadline driven environment juggling multiple projects to ensure timelines are met
This position will be open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.