Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Developing and delivering a Protection and Control course curriculum for electrical utility corporate training
- Courses in these programs include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction to the Protection and Control environment
- Feeder Protections
- Transformer and Station Protections
- Instructing the lab / lecture components of the above course(s) on campus and at customer work locations
- Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
- Evaluating student progress / achievement
- Participating in program and college activities as required
- Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Successful completion of a postsecondary degree or advanced diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Teaching & Training Adults certificate or subject expertise combined with experience teaching subject material to mature students
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the field of protection and control
- Demonstrated experience with SEL and GE Multilin relays and software as well as modern single and three-phase test equipment, including RTAC-RTU, is mandatory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Ability to travel to customer work locations as required
- Completion of an industry training program in protection and control is an asset
- Experience working within a utilities company
This position will be open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.