Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Reporting to the Director, the incumbent provides frontline customer services and assists with preparing, updating, and maintaining information to promote the successful delivery of Part-time Studies and Workforce Development courses and programs for the Centre for Marine Training and Research. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Updating course material, preparing content into a presentable format (i.e. handbooks, PPT Presentations, etc.), and maintaining material on the college network using SharePoint
- Updating examination material (i.e. test banks)
- Providing frontline customer service, and responding to inquiries, from clients, students and instructors
- Performing general clerical duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining general office equipment, and drafting correspondence
- Entering and maintaining information in excel databases and the Student Information System (Banner)
- Assisting in planning and preparing promotional materials, posters, and flyers
- Posting social media content (Facebook and Twitter)
- Successfully completed a one-year postsecondary certificate in a related field that may include but is not limited to office administration
- One year of experience in an office environment providing front-line customer service and general office support
- Experience in a marine environment with knowledge of Transport Canada regulations, Temporary/Preliminary notifications (TP’s) and Mariner registration procedures
- Experience entering and maintaining data within a computerized database
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Organizational and time management skills
- Experience with a document management and storage software such as SharePoint is an asset
- Ability to work non-traditional hours which may include evenings and weekends
- Experience in a continuing education or training environment would be an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.