Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Delivering courses in the Power Engineering program specifically Heating Systems, and / or Piping and Auxiliaries
- Developing and delivering appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
- Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
- Evaluating student progress / achievement
- Participating in program and college activities as required
- Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Certification by Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA) for Power Engineering 3rd class or higher Operating Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years experience with power plant and alternative energy systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
- Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
This position is open until filled. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged