Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Positions available on Orangeville and Barrie Campuses.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the incumbent develops and delivers courses in the Office Administration programs. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering courses in the Office Administration programs such as Medical Terms, Health Services Transcription, Anatomy of Health Services, and OHIP.
- Instruction in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Developing and delivering appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
- Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
- Evaluating student progress / achievement
- Participating in program and college activities as required
- Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Undergraduate degree or diploma
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience compiling, verifying, submitting and reconciling OHIP billing processes
- Strong understanding of family practice and remuneration models
- Highly proficient in the use of Accuro or similar EMR
- Experience with electronic medical records and OHIP billing
- Five years’ relevant and progressive experience in a medical office
- Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of teaching and learning strategies; and adult learning methodologies is an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in their students
- A commitment to life-long learning
- Experience in some or all of the following: teaching experience, curriculum development, alternative delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Proficiency in software applications specific to course development and management including but not limited to Blackboard and Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access) or equivalent
Note: Applicants selected may be required to present a portfolio of work during the interview.
This position will be open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.