Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Delivering courses in the Acupuncture Program
- Developing and delivering appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
- Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
- Evaluating student progress / achievement
- Participating in program and college activities as required
- Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Successfully completed a postsecondary degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to Kinesiology. Physiotherapy, Nursing, Chiropractic.
- Must possess and maintain current registration, in good standing, with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario (CTCMPAO)
- Must possess and maintain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and immunization
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a health setting as a practicing TCM acupuncturist where experiences and / or knowledge is grounded in the philosophy of TCM
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office
- Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, a variety of delivery and evaluation strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.
This position will be open until filled. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.