Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Assists students with the provision of occupational therapy services for patients as delegated by the Registered Occupational Therapists by:
- Working with students in providing and delivering safe and appropriate services to patients
- Working with students in the development of occupational therapy assistant services as delegated by the Registered Occupational Therapist
- Supporting students in the completion of documentation on patient and services received
- Working with members of the health care team, the students, clients and their families, and medical staff to support student activities including Interprofessional Education.
- Utilizing set educational guidelines, policies and procedures of the clinical agency and educational institution, and Guidelines for Professional Standards.
- Being prepared to intervene when client condition suddenly changes and student is either unprepared to handle the situation, student is not at the required level to deal with a complex medical crisis, or when student performs in an unsafe manner.
- Reporting client changes to Registered OT and providing input on organizational plan in order to accommodate unanticipated events, ie. Client status/environment impacts, predetermined clinical experience
- Working collaboratively with the Registered OT as well as other clinical support staff / staff to support an effective learning environment
- Provides orientation for students to the clinical placement site and respective Policies & Procedures
- Provides skills refresher/remediation as appropriate or for specific groups as required
- Provides feedback to the Registered OT on both students’ performance and client progress by:
- Sharing assessments and judgements with regard to students’ ability to perform and provide client services
- Recording observations on student clinical performance and client progress
- Seeking input from clinical agency staff when there is an incident or area of concern regarding a student’s performance and/or client issues.
- Successfully completed a two year diploma in Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant
- Demonstrated communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to respond to inquiries and provide guidance and / or assistance to others
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and problem solving skills with the ability to make day-to-day decisions as required
- Experience in a leadership capacity
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
This position will open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.