Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Reporting to the Manager of Clinics, the incumbent performs a variety of client esthetic and advanced medical skin therapy services. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing esthetic and advanced medical skin therapy services including the practical applications of Radio Frequency, IPL, Soft Laser, Muscle Firming, LED therapy, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels as well as advanced facials, waxing, lash and brow tinting
- Performing client intake, assessment, and consultation and reporting / managing client information, financial transactions
- Problem-solving client and service issues
- Fostering positive and professional client relations
- Analyzing clients skincare needs and offering advice and product recommendations for retail
- Ensuring continuous maintenance, cleanliness and organization of the clinic
- Assisting the program team with service and clinic promotion and acting as an ambassador for the Spa clinic and Georgian’s Medical skin therapy and esthetician program
- Complying with all health and safety, quality assurance, and infection control regulations
- Attending staff meetings
- Identifying and championing continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Contributing to the efficient use of clinic materials and equipment
- Assisting with inventory control / management by monitoring product inventory and notifying the appropriate staff members when ordering is required
- Successfully completed a postsecondary diploma in Esthetics from a recognized community college
- A postgraduate certificate in Advanced Medical Skin Care Therapy or equivalent education
- One year of practical experience in a professional spa setting which includes medical aesthetics
- Knowledge and practice with typical spa services (e.g. waxing, brow tinting, etc.) in addition to specialized services such as Radio Frequency, IPL, Soft Laser, Muscle Firming, LED therapy, Microcurrent, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels, microneedling and dermaplaning
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Computer skills and experience with a spa management software such as Milano
- Customer service oriented with the ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and respond to multiple and often conflicting demands
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends) as required
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.