Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering courses in the Occupational Therapist Assistant (OTA) and Physiotherapist Assistant (PTA) programs, specifically Occupational Therapy Assistant content
- Delivering appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
- Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
- Evaluating and reporting student progress / achievement
- Completing appropriate documentation as per program requirements
- Participating in program and college activities as required
- Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Registered Occupational Therapist
- Current registration, and in good standing, with the Regulatory College of Occupational Therapists
- Recent experience in a health setting
- Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in their students
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- A commitment to life-long learning
- Understanding of web delivery software (i.e. Blackboard) and student information systems (i.e. Banner) is an asset
- Experience teaching students in a clinical setting would be an asset
- Experience in some of the following would be considered an asset: curriculum development, alternative delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Access to private reliable transportation to visit clinic settings and evaluate student progress
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of Professional Liability Insurance.
This position is open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.