Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify sources of potential clients based on knowledge of the clinic and student needs and market / promote the oral health clinic through outreach, special community events, and a variety of marketing initiatives
- Determine the suitability of the clinic for the prospective client through screening
- Initiate regular meetings with students to verify current practical needs and requirements
- Distribute and schedule clients to students based on profile and faculty recommendations Communicate with faculty as required regarding available clients and student needs
- Act as a liaison and key contact to answer questions and provide resolution to issues or concerns if possible
- Support student learning through orientations, client relations mentorship, self-scheduling, feedback to faculty, etc.
- Participate as a part of the clinic operations committee to help create and implement potential changes to benefit the client experience
- Enter and maintain accurate client and student information and records including client wait lists, student progress tracking, etc.
- Assist with chart auditing to identify inconsistencies related to any aspect of client care and to support ongoing improvements in the clinic and it’s processes
- Collect and collating client feedback forms
- Act as a resource within the clinic for clients, students, faculty, and other staff
- Successfully completed a three year postsecondary diploma or degree in the field of oral health
- Must possess and maintain current registration, in good standing with a health profession regulatory body
- Proven client services and customer service experience
- Ability to utilize conflict resolution and critical thinking skills
- Computer experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), dental office software and client management software
- Proven communication skills (written and oral) in order to work with a diverse clientele
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience working with confidential information
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.