Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
THIS IS A CONTRACT (PART-TIME) POSITION.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the incumbent is responsible to coordinate, organize and maintain the Acupuncture lab. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating student practice and reinforcing applied pre-learned principles / theory related to lab skills, procedures and client assessment by organizing and scheduling student learning activities, practice sessions and skill practice demonstrations
- Collaborating with faculty to formulate a plan of action, and provide individual coaching, to students struggling to demonstrate skill competency
- Setting up equipment / supplies in the lab for student practice and other events as required (i.e. Open House Days, events, etc.)
- Ensuring all lab safety standards and Standard Operating Procedure requirements are being followed
- Providing feedback to faculty on observed skills for students
- Maintaining equipment and resources such as computer software, learning tools, posters, manuals, journal articles, resource textbooks equipment and supplies to ensure materials / equipment are current and in good working order
- Organizing and implementing training / orientation on lab equipment/techniques for students, faculty, and others
- Organizing, maintaining and purchasing lab supplies and equipment
- Successfully completed a postsecondary degree in a relevant field of study
- Two years of experience as a regulated health professional with proven training and experience in TCM Acupuncture (e.g. Naturopath, Chiropractic, Physiotherapist, Registered Massage Therapist)
- Experience in training and demonstrating skills to others
- Experience in ordering supplies and inventory management
- Computer skills using the MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information in a clear concise manner
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Awareness of health and safety rules and regulations
- Proven analytical, critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated planning, coordinating and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Teaching and training adults certification would be an asset
- Registered, and in good standing, with the Regulatory College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario (CTCMPAO) is an asset
This position will be open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.