Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Travelling to regions with limited resources to work with partner foundations to set the framework and itineraries for visiting delegations, ensuring the experience engages and connects the group with communities with similar interests and provides them with the information they need to lead future activities independently
- Accompanying delegations during their travels and providing translations as required
- Developing standards and structured processes for the collection and submission of funding applications for students pursuing work/study abroad opportunities, ensuring these standards and processes align with project criteria
- Assisting in the development of pre-departure and post-departure policies and procedures for study abroad opportunities
- Developing, implementing, and supporting fundraising initiatives for these projects
- Assisting with formalizing a Go Abroad Squad structure, which includes promoting and marketing the squad through education and awareness of opportunities through various activities, including in-class presentations, to ensure future membership and participation sustainability
- Rejuvenating the Go Abroad Squad blog to increase the reach and participation to support future highlights from student global experiences
- Provide information and resources to, and address inquiries from, potential donors, students, staff and community members through social media or in person
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
- Successfully completed a two-year post secondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business, marketing, human resources
- Two years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to provide support, cultural awareness and problem-solving skills to individuals in an unfamiliar environment
- Superior intercultural communication skills to liaise with a diverse client group
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including faculty, students, administrators and community and program partners
- Marketing, project management and planning skills
- Experience with Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to analyze spreadsheets, generate correspondence, and create documents and presentations
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to travel to work in a rural environment, such as in rural Guatemala
- Must have a valid passport and be eligible to travel to Central and South America by the start of employment
- Previous experience with a non-profit organization would be an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.