Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Providing leadership and direction to all staff conducting requisitioning activities and acts as the liaison to ensure the outsourced functions of the Printing Department and Shipping / Receiving / Mailroom are performed in-house according to the contract
- Monitoring and authorizing all purchases in full compliance with the Ontario Government Procurement Directive, Board of Governors policy and College procedures
- Formulating, developing and implementing purchasing procedures to ensure all college departments can acquire goods and services in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Working closely with government agencies and other purchasing cooperatives to ensure the college can realize the benefits from Group / Collaborative Purchasing Initiatives
- Advising and instructing staff responsible for requisitions on utilizing the on-line purchasing systems and web based requisitioning systems
- Creating specifications and procedures for college-wide procurement programs (i.e. photocopying, office supplies and customs clearance)
- Developing and implementing appropriate intercampus mail and small parcel courier services. Manage the contracts with the College’s designated couriers such as United Parcel Service and Purolator.
- Ensuring the leasing terms and conditions for equipment (i.e. computer related and purchase order documentation) are implemented and monitored during the life of the lease and in full compliance with the leasing procedures stipulated by the Ministry of Finance.
- Managing the departmental budget activity
- Overseeing, generating and issuing documents for the college’s Request for Tender/Proposal process including: creating and assessing specifications, collaborating with the requisitioning groups to formulate tendering documents as required, ensuring that the purchasing and tendering process is in full compliance with the Procurement Directive issued by the Management Board of Cabinet. This could include a variety of significant initiatives including major capital projects, renovations and College wide services (cleaning, security, etc.)
- Facilitating the purchasing process throughout the year
- Developing other Purchasing programs as needed
- Successfully completed a three year postsecondary diploma/degree in a relevant field
- Certified Professional Purchaser designation required
- A minimum of seven years experience managing or working in a senior purchasing role in an educational environment
- Seven years’ experience in a management role within a materials management environment with a large employee base, procuring a wide range of products and overseeing all purchasing activities across an organization under a “distributed purchasing model”
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with the terms and conditions of the Agreement on Internal Trade and the Quebec-Ontario Trade Agreement
- Proven analytical, negotiation, problem resolution and coaching skills
- Experience leading and managing a team by creating vision, developing goals and objectives
- Experience working in a diverse environment where a high degree of collaboration is required
- Demonstrated communication skills (oral and written) to work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships, networks and partnerships within the college and externally
- Prior experience managing or working in a Broader Public Sector (BPS) educational environment requiring quick turnaround of purchasing requests and working within approved procedures and policies would be an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.