Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Providing technical expertise, assistance and advice on a college-wide basis concerning the acquisition, configuration, implementation and ongoing technical support for centrally supported academic and administrative computing resources, such as server class business systems in the college’s LAN and WAN environment
- Rigorously planning capacity requirements to ensure a robust and reliable system and telecommunications network to support the College’s academic and administrative needs
- Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the College’s Telecom services, ensuring appropriate service levels are set and met
- Developing and implementing infrastructure standards/policies, security measures, backup/ recovery and disaster recovery plans to protect the College’s multi million- dollar infrastructure investment
- Protecting the college’s investment in telecommunications infrastructure by proactively planning telephone and switch upgrades, to keep the technology robust and current
- Proactively managing several major vendors for the provision of cost-effective services, including Microsoft, Dell, Bell, and Cisco
- Providing leadership in the proactive management (including monitoring, reporting and communications) of the College’s IT infrastructure, including mission critical systems/applications, corporate computing facilities, servers, operating systems, system backup and security systems to provide a reliable and robust computing network across the College
- Documenting all corporate network and related activities including standards, network components, upgrades, change control and problem logs
- Communicating regularly with IT management on the status of the server and computing network and progress of major enhancements/additions to the environment
- Managing the efficient and effective operation of the College’s Data Centres across all campuses, including the planning, monitoring, and upgrading of supporting environmental equipment
- Developing annual unit operating budget
- Successfully completed a four year postsecondary degree in a computer related area and continued education in current information technology and information management science
- A certificate in PMP, MCSE or RHCT is preferred
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in a related role
- Extensive experience or training in electrical engineering, computer operations management, network, email, and telecommunication management. Formal training or experience in the following areas:
- Advanced Networking
- Project Management Methodology
- System Testing Planning and Strategy
- Telecommunication technology
- IT Strategic Planning
- Enterprise Information Architecture Planning
- Integrated Cross Platform Maintenance/Troubleshooting
- Effective presentation skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.