Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Strategic Management and Consultation:
- Providing guidance to senior managers and departments on the effective use of data in decision making
- Creating long-term strategic goals for data mining and analytics development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Conducting or overseeing needs analysis, feasibility studies, cost / benefit analysis of requests for reporting and access to data across the College including requests for web applications, information systems or related applications and is responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing management of the College’s Data Warehousing platform
- Developing and maintaining short-term and long-range systems planning goals and strategies and is responsible for the currency, security, planning, design, acquisition, implementation and integration of administrative systems software
- Ensuring effective integration with existing applications and data
- Providing advice, training / support to staff on use / application of system software as well as providing direction and assistance to other managers regarding system processes, reporting and system integration
- Preparing information technology business cases, impact analysis and application specifications
- Administrative Management:
- Providing administrative management including developing departmental goals / objectives, establishing / implementing policies and procedures, managing the budget activity for the department or special projects (i.e. providing estimates / forecasts and progress reports as required), providing leadership and supervision to staff including distribution of work and scheduling, managing human resource duties including performance, recruiting, team building, conflict / resolution and ongoing evaluation of the staff’s work-in-progress, development of work plans and ongoing professional development / currency plans
- Ensuring quality control by adhering to standards in analysis, design, development, coding, security, backup and data restoration
- Participating in committee work / meetings including, research, presentations and business case development as required
- Project Management:
- Determining user needs, and proposing systems solutions based on requirements
- Developing, coordinating and maintaining project control processes
- Providing expertise in evaluating and acquiring software packages from external vendors
- Playing a central role in project planning and implementation from design / prototype phases through to system roll-out, on time and on budget
- Selecting project teams and providing project leadership to unit, staff /project teams / vendors / system analysts and consultants
- Providing continuous support for applications and processes that support the Information Systems mandate and deliverables
- Successfully completed a four year postsecondary degree in a relevant field of study the may include, but is not limited to computer studies
- Seven years’ experience defining, implementing, and managing data enterprise systems
- Proven experience in information management
- Proven experience supervising and managing multiple staff (preferably in a unionized environment)
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated business acumen and technical skills
- Proven experience working in a matrix / cross-functional environment requiring a high degree of collaboration within a project team environment
- Demonstrated ability to be result oriented and successful in creative problem solving and team partnership
- Demonstrated experience working with senior levels of management with the ability to exercise independent judgement in regards to business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of communications (written and oral) with the ability to deliver strong customer service and provide written reports
- Ability to manage multiple projects within established guidelines in order to meet budget and strict timelines
- Occasional travel to other campuses may be required
- Project Management Professional designation is an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.