Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, establishing and implementing goals, objectives priorities and department procedures which are consistent with the College’s Strategic Plan
- Creating strategic plans to increase student participation in fitness and recreation programming on all campuses
- Developing and monitoring budgets and approving capital expenditures
- Ensuring a diverse program of student athletic, fitness, recreation activities and services offered meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Acting as a link between the Student Athletic Association and GCSA/Student Life to build and maintain a positive working relationship
- Acting as senior advisor to student athletic leaders, providing guidance, support, direction, leadership and motivation.
- Negotiating, monitoring and reviewing service contracts, leases and purchase orders and evaluating services provided by suppliers
- Ensuring that staff carry out their assigned duties consistently with College procedures and collective agreements
- Maintaining a high level of staff performance through effective recruiting, selecting, training, developing, motivating and evaluating staff
- Ensuring compliance with all related policies, procedures and regulations of the College Committee of Athletics and Recreation, the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association, and the Canadian Colleges Athletic Association
- Monitoring the academic success of students/athletes, student leaders and part-time student staff
- Ensuring that all student athletes understand their responsibilities as College representatives with drug education in sport, academic standards, general expectations, and balanced lifestyle goals
- Providing guidance and controls for financial matters and expenditures regarding athletics and related events
- Completed a minimum of a 4 year degree in Physical Education, Fitness/Recreation, Sports Management, Recreation, Business or related discipline
- 5 years demonstrated management experience - preferably in unionized environment
- Experience with facilities management, sport administration, financial and program planning
- Knowledge of fitness and athletic centre operations and athletic/fitness program delivery
- Ability to coordinate complex service delivery models and respond to diverse needs of a variety of key stakeholders
- Experience working with and advising students in a post-secondary environment would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills including – problem-solving, conflict resolution, assigning work, recruiting, program assessment, performance management.
- Strong skills in budget management and business planning and reporting.
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, financial control systems, inventory and point of sale.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.