Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Replacing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC systems at the Barrie campus including:
- Conducting preliminary assessments / tests to isolate and identify any failing components; and
- Repairing/ replacing parts and conducting operational and safety tests to ensure safe operation.
- Planning and executing annual maintenance or start-up of systems;
- Preparing and analyzing the BAS system;
- Maintaining and repairing gas piping and associated appliances;
- Installing and relocating HVAC and plumbing components as required by staff relocations;
- Providing daily maintenance involving brazing, mechanics, and electricity on systems associated with this position;
- Responding to daily work orders when issues arise; and
- Preparing recommendations for system replacements or renewals
- Successfully completed academic training in sheet metal
- Must have the following licenses and industry certifications:
- Multi Fuel Certification;
- G-1 Gas Fitters License;
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic License; and
- Ozone Depletion/Prevention (ODP) Card License
- Five years related HVAC experience in a similar role performing the duties mentioned above
- Computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office and email to produce organized material lists, complete work orders, and run reports from software packages
- Experience monitoring/maintaining an HVAC system
- Experience as an apprentice or assistant with Building Automation Systems (BAS) controls, heat pumps, split systems, Variable Volume and Temperature (VVT and VAV), cooling towers, chillers and boilers
- Current Workplace Hazardous Materials System (WHMIS) training
- Current Fall Arrest, Ladder and Working at Heights training
- Knowledge of local building codes
- Ability to lift heavy materials
- Experience in an institutional environment is an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
This position is open until filled. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged