Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE. Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Academic Operations Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the purchasing, receiving, quality, storage, and distribution of food and beverage supplies / products used in the support of academic delivery. In addition, they perform inventory control duties and lead invoicing / financial reporting for all food and beverage related goods at applicable campuses. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and analyze requisitions from faculty / staff for food and beverages that are required for delivery of academic programs
- Order products and supplies which includes determining the appropriate vendor (i.e. comparing price and quality standards) and entering purchases into the food management software
- Source and recommend new vendors
- Ensure food and beverage items are in stock at the appropriate time and in optimal condition, including items with short life spans like produce and dairy
- Receive, verify accuracy and quality of orders before confirming receipt and contacting suppliers of incomplete deliveries and follow up to verify / confirm future delivery expectations
- Ensure food is properly stored and maintained including proper stock rotation (i.e. FIFO) in fridges, freezers, etc.
- Ensure a safe and sanitary environment adhering to industry standards for all food service storage areas
- Perform inventory counts on a regular basis, inputting inventory counts into the food management inventory system and works with accounting to reconcile counts if there are questions
- Use food inventory management software to: track food and beverages ordered, amounts used, and costs. Generate monthly financial reports, produce raw data for food costs of any class, event, and/or program as required
- Code invoices, forward to accounting for processing of vendor payment and reconcile invoices weekly
- Calculate formulas and analyze reports for curriculum, vendor and month end reports
- Review and make appropriate revisions to the food inventory management software application
- Coordinate the delivery and ensure receipt of, food and beverage products and supplies at other campuses as required
- Assist in the assembly, and delivery, of product / supplies to academic labs as required
- Successfully completed a two-year post secondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include Culinary, Hotel and Resort with a food management component / related field AND/OR an apprenticeship certificate in Culinary
- Three years’ experience in food and beverage purchasing and receiving
- Possess and maintain current certification in food handling and sanitation
- Red Seal Certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with a Food Management System and inventory software
- Computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with a student-centered approach
- Strong problem-solving skills with a solution-focused approach
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met in an environment of conflicting deadlines and interruptions
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative, work independently as well as within a team environment
- Good judgement and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work non-traditional hours as necessary (evenings and weekends)
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Access to reliable transportation, preferred
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.