Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Aid the incumbent works with other Financial Aid Officers as part of a team to assist and support all Financial Aid Programs. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating and advising applicants on a wide range of issues related to their financial needs, including a determination of available services, programs and action plans
- Approving / rejecting student OSAP appeals / reviews in compliance with established policies and procedures
- Assessing needs and approving / denying bursary awards as well as authorizing emergency loan / bursary cheques for those in crisis
- Acting as liaison between applicants and various financial aid program administration to solve issues and queries
- Responding to inquiries from a variety of internal and external agencies regarding domestic and out-of-province students
- Provide assistance with front line customer service by responding to financial aid and OSAP inquiries from students, parents, Registrar’s staff, MTCU – Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, and National Student Loan Service Centre.
- Reviewing, editing and verifying student applications under a variety of assistance programs
- Preparing for the OSAP Compliance Audit
- Producing reports from the MTCU ONeKey system and Banner (Student Information System)
- Creating and maintaining informational documents regarding OSAP and student financial aid programs
- Conducting presentations on financial aid/OSAP programs at scheduled College information sessions, Open House, etc.
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business
- Three years’ experience in a financial aid environment preferably in an educational environment
- Frontline customer service experience in a busy office environment
- Experience working in a large integrated data base (preferably a Student Information System, Banner)
- Intermediate computer knowledge and skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel proficiency) and Web research tools
- Proven communication skills (both written and oral)
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience conducting presentations
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proven ability to work accurately and show attention to detail
- Proven experience working with confidential information
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy and procedures governing financial aid programs including the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) and Georgian College is an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.