Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Responsible for supporting, planning, coordinating and executing student recruitment events on Georgian’s campuses and for supporting the planning, coordination and execution of major events off campus
- Develops event briefs, critical paths and determines event staffing requirements, producing and compiling event surveys, reports and metrics
- Represents the college and acts as the first point of contact for student recruitment events, working closely with vendors, community partners, and colleagues at the college
- Oversees, leads and schedules tasks to ensure all elements are in place for each event including event set up and tear down, working closely with Conference & Events services
- Recruits, organizes presence, assigns duties and trains students, program coordinators/faculty and volunteers for recruitment events and group tours
- Coordinates swag, uniforms event-related marketing signage and other initiatives for future students
- Develops and executes volunteer appreciation program to ensure enthusiastic participation by students, alumni, faculty and staff in recruitment events
- Coordinates and facilitates event registration, organizes and tracks RSVP lists as required
- Provides functional guidance for student and staff working at major events
- Ensures event adheres to the event budget, and collaborates on creation of budget for new events, secures sponsorship from local buisinesses and partners as required
- Engages the recruitment team for staffing at events and participates as a member of the recruitment team for Barrie campus recruitment events, leading semi-private and group tours as required. May attend events at other campuses and locations where required
- Works with Marketing/Communication team to ensure coordination and timely availability of communications and marketing collateral for recruitment events
- Performs frontline recruitment duties as required including responding to inquiries from future students via email, telephone, and in person
- Other duties as assigned such as market research related to recruitment trends in the post-secondary sector, and general support to the Manager, Student Recruitment
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to conference and event planning, marketing, events management and/or fundraising
- Minimum of three years related and progressive work experience in community event planning/coordinating complex events involving numerous stakeholders
- Experience within a hospitality, not for profit and/or educational environment coordinating events
- Experience guiding others and leading teams through all phases of event planning
- Proven organizational and time management skills in order to meet multiple deadlines with strict timelines
- Computer skills and experience in MS Office Suite including creating and maintaining information in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
- Ability to travel with access to reliable transportation as required
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Experience with a customer relationship management system (CRM) would be an asset
- Knowledge of Georgian College programs would be an asset
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.