Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
THIS IS AN INITIATIVES / OPPORTUNITIES POSITION. Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Recruitment the incumbent is responsible for the successful planning, coordination and execution of student recruitment events, and providing assistance to the recruitment team to ensure recruitment opportunities associated with events at Georgian are fully exploited. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating recruitment events which includes:
- Supporting, planning, coordinating and executing student events on Georgian Campuses as well for major events off campus
- Developing event briefs and critical paths to determine event staffing needs and compiling information on each event and providing detailed reports
- Representing the college and acting as the first point of contact for student recruitment events with internal and external stakeholders
- Overseeing, leading and scheduling tasks for each event (i.e. set up and tear down)
- Coordinating and facilitating event registration
- Providing functional guidance for student and staff working at major events
- Collaborating on creation of budgets on new events and ensuring events adhere to such budgets
- Engaging the recruitment team for staffing at events and participating as a member of the recruitment team for Barrie campus events and may be required to attend events at other campuses and locations as required
- Working with the Marketing and Communication team to ensure coordination and timely availability of communication and marketing collateral for recruitment events
- Performing frontline recruitment duties as required (including support to future students via email, telephone, and in person, leading and/or supporting semi-private and group tours)
- Other duties that may include:
- Providing market research on recruitment trends in the postsecondary sector, general support to the Manager and Student Recruitment
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to marketing, conference and event planning, events management or fundraising
- Three years’ experience in a progressive role in community event planning and coordination
- Computer experience with Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience providing functional guidance to staff and or students
- Experience speaking to groups and or providing tour guides
- Experience gathering data and preparing reports
- Experience in collaborating on budget building and working within set budgets
- Demonstrated communication (written and oral) skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to work on projects simultaneously
- Ability work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Ability to travel occasionally to represent Georgian at various events throughout Ontario
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.