Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring Facilities Management aligns its short and long terms plans with college priorities
- Developing in conjunction with the Executive Director of Facilities Management, the long and short term capital planning and campus development strategic plan
- Chairing the College’s space planning team
- Developing project plans from initiation stage through planning, design and construction
- Ensuring planning processes include stakeholder engagement, ongoing communications and updates throughout the project life cycle
- Communicating effectively with all internal stakeholders, at all levels of the college, regarding capital and infrastructure priorities, timelines, budget and impacts on their work spaces during the project completion
- Developing comprehensive asset management plan for facilities and equipment
- Recommending purchases and contractual arrangements for major capital projects
- Leading the Facilities Management Team in the planning, design, construction and/or renovation of college facilities
- Ensuring project management practices are established and adhered to
- Ensuring facilities are renovated/constructed in a timely and cost effective manner with risk mitigation strategies in place to address issues as they arise
- Leading the development of comprehensive building program specifications for bid documents
- Overseeing needs assessments and prioritization of requirements for work related to facility maintenance, infrastructure renewal, adaptions and renovations
- Ensuring that zoning issues, by-law variances and developer issues are addressed while responding to neighbourhood development concerns within the City land/zoning requirements
- Reviewing drawings and specifications for renovation and construction projects and makes recommendations regarding appropriateness of design and the impact of the construction and renovation project on the operational costs of the facilities
- Overseeing the budget costs for renovation projects at the college
- Working in conjunction with Procurement Services, initiates the entire tendering process ensuring compliance with BPS (Broader Public Service guidelines)
- Consulting with clients to determine specific needs and develop estimates for capital and renovation project costs
- Initiating funding proposals to secure funding for capital and infrastructure projects in conjunction with Finance
- Fostering strong relationships with industry partners
- Representing the College with government and external industry agencies
- Leading and directing the preparation of presentations
- Providing leadership to multi-disciplinary teams
- Managing contracts for various facilities related services
- Successfully completed a three year postsecondary diploma / degree in a relevant field of study
- Minimum of nine years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or urban planning preferred
- Registered P.Eng., Architect or Urban Planner in Ontario considered an asset
- Project Management (PMP) designation preferred
- Project management experience with demonstrated analytical and organizational skills to be able to manage multiple projects in an effective and timely manner
- Ability to identify, address and resolve problems or conflicts in an efficient and diplomatic manner
- Experience developing, managing and monitoring budgets
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills in order to build and cultivate relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Sound judgement and conflict resolution skills
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.