Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Maintaining the skilled trades workshop equipment by performing routine and preventative maintenance
- Setting-up machinery, equipment, and supplies for use by the faculty and students in the skilled trades workshop
- Demonstrating, modeling and over-seeing the safe use of workshop equipment ensuring safety procedures are followed
- Monitoring and tracking material/equipment accounts and maintaining records of expenditures for all skilled trades related programs
- Performing inventory control duties which include: assessing inventory supply/material levels, monitoring product waste, researching best pricing, liaising with suppliers to order supplies, maintaining storage of supplies, coordinating the distribution of inventory and small tools, and performing inventory counts
- Troubleshooting and responding to students’ questions in the workshop setting
- Assisting students in the selection of appropriate materials for the construction of student projects as required
- Successfully completed a one year postsecondary certificate; or a Red Seal certificate as a General Carpenter or related trade
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a role where duties included operating large and small power tools, providing technical guidance and/or demonstration on the use of equipment, and performing inventory control
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) to contact suppliers, order supplies online, liaise with faculty, and maintain records/expenditures
- Communication skills (written and oral) to provide technical guidance and support in a clear concise professional manner
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and respond to diverse and often conflicting demands
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (days, evenings and weekends)
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.