- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Contract position, up to one year
HOURLY: Starting Rate: $14.21 per hour
Department: W. Galen Weston Centre for Food
Hours: 24 hours per week; scheduling based on operations and event activity
Reporting To: General Manager, Centre for Food
Campus Location: Whitby- W. Galen Weston Centre for Food
Schedule subject to change and flexibility to schedule evenings/ weekends may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Durham College is looking for a dynamic hospitality professional with a passion for customer service, teamwork and student success to take on an exciting role in the award-winning W. Galen Weston Centre for Food (CFF).
The Server will be involved in front of house operations of Bistro 67, Catering and Events both on-site and offsite. The Server is a champion of the CFF’s field-to-fork and sustainable mission.
Reporting to the Service Manager the Server will be involved in the day-to-day operations of Bistro ’67 specifically service performing duties including, but not limited to, opening and closing the restaurant, cleaning, event set-up and teardowns, bartending, hostessing, expediting etc. Servers will be required to maintain service excellence, be mindful of allergies as well as have extensive menu, mixology, and wine knowledge.
The successful candidate will need to follow direction, work as part of a team, ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner, and focus on customer service to support Durham College, Bistro ’67 and Centre for Food standards.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintains overall cleanliness and organization of service areas
- Follow proper sanitation and safety standards within designated work areas
- Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service for Bistro ’67 service and CFF Events
- Checking daily Events Calendar to know what is happening at the CFF at all times
- Maintains extensive product knowledge including menus, wine lists, cocktail recipes, the CFF vision/ certifications and allergy awareness
- Anticipates guests’ needs continually and fulfill them appropriately
- Complies with AGCO standards for alcohol service in the restaurant as well as CFF events both on-site and offsite
- Assists with event set-ups, assure reservations are in place, Bistro 67 tables set to standard, aware of all unique/ specific customer requests prior to service
- Supports the open and closure of the restaurant by following opening/ closing checklists
- Motivated to perform other duties as assigned
The successful incumbent will possess demonstrated customer service skills and have at least 2 years of progressive experience in the hospitality industry. Safe Food Handling certification an asset. Smart Serve certification is required. The incumbent will possess excellent communication, human relation, and teamwork skills. They will have excellent skills in organization and working well under pressure. They will be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and evidence of relevant work/teaching experience.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm on September 30, 2019. Competition number SP19-07.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Whitby, Canada
- Position Type