Reader/Scribes and Invigilators
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Reader/Scribes and Invigilators
Durham College is seeking casual part-time Reader/Scribes and Invigilators to be scheduled on a part-time, ad-hoc basis throughout the week and weekend at a rate of $17.66 per hour. Test Centre staff undertake to maintain the integrity and security of all exam materials, and engage all exam-writing persons in a professional and reassuring manner, with consideration for privacy issues. Further details regarding the Durham College Test Centre can be found at http://www.durhamcollege.ca/services/services-for-students/test-centre
Reader/Scribes duties include:
- Provide reading and writing assistance to students who require this accommodation during tests and assessments.
- Work one on one with a student
- As a reader, the invigilator will read the questions out loud for the student and does not interpret or clarify questions.
- As a scribe, the invigilator will transcribe the information the student is verbalizing.
Invigilator duties include, but are not limited to:
- Retrieving tests and test materials from secure storage, and making ready for test session, completing any required pre-test forms,
- Checking students into the exam room, verifying identification, and communicating Test Centre rules and instructions to exam writers,
- Invigilating the test or exam, ensuring exam writers are not cheating, maintaining a quiet and orderly environment,
- Ensuring approved accommodations for persons with exceptionalities are delivered effectively,
- Gathering completed tests and test materials, and submitting same as required to staff or faculty, completing any post-test forms,
- Completing Invigilator Reports, as needed, for exam disruptions and unusual occurrences,
- Escorting exam writers to the washroom for washroom breaks,
- Reporting depleted inventories of office supplies, test materials, forms and literature,
- Reporting deficiencies in Test Centre lighting, cleanliness, and related comfort issues as needed to the Service Desk,
- Resetting furniture (e.g. align desks and chairs) on a regular basis.
- Post-secondary education required, preferably in an education-related field.
- A demonstrated ability to learn and use technology (Microsoft Office, computer software other than Microsoft Office, surveillance systems) is preferred.
- Prior experience working for persons with exceptionalities is preferred.
- Must be a strong communicator with exceptional listening skills who can clearly read out loud (audible) and scribe (write) legibly.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4 pm on November 11, 2019. Competition number SP19-60.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type
- 17.66 - 17.66 CAD