Part- Time Facilitator - Dynamic Websites with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) Software Stack
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Important note for Part-Time Facilitator applicants:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach. Part-Time Facilitators teach up to 6 hours per week. For more information about the different courses we offer, please look at the link to our School: “Centre for Professional and Part-time Learning”.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Professional and Part-time Learning requires a part-time facilitator to teach the course entitled “DYNAMIC WEBSITES W/ LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)”. This course will be delivered online.
The responsibilities of Durham College Part-Time Facilitators include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning as well as managing and posting grades;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that all course content is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five years of recent business experience that relates directly to the topic being taught;
- Holds an undergraduate degree (or higher) in Computers / IT / Programming. In addition, a Bachelor or Master of Education are considered assets;
- Possess an intermediate level or above knowledge of the LAMP software stack, which includes Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP;
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level or within a business environment, with the demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies;
- Superior skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Track record in meeting deadlines;
- Experienced in the use of technology to support student learning and manage grades;
- Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
- Committed to life-long learning;
- Understanding of the Ontario community college system.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience.
- Required Experience
Please note that both a cover letter and a resume must be provided in order for your application to be considered for this position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The competition number is PT-PPL-154.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type