Part-Time Teaching position – Continuing Education Instructor Positions – W. Galen Weston Centre for Food
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Important note for part-time faculty applicants:
Continuing Education Instructor recruitment for the W. Galen Weston Centre for Food is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach.
Con Ed instructors must be available for course offered Friday nights between 5-10 p.m., and Saturdays between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., however some courses and opportunities are offered at different times.
Durham College is seeking experienced and motivated professionals who share our commitment to quality and student success. The W. Galen Weston Centre for Food requires part-time instructors to provide subject matter expertise in Culinary Courses for general audiences.
The responsibilities of Durham College Part-time Subject Matter Expert include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment to accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning;
- Developing appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with the associate dean and other CFF team members to plan and deliver courses.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a two-year diploma in Culinary studies, along with an Ontario Food Handlers’ Certificate are required.
- A minimum of three years of recent and relevant work experience.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies is an asset;
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Track record in meeting deadlines;
- Self-motivated and independent worker
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Whitby, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type