Part-Time teaching opportunity - Production Systems
- Tracking Code
- PT- Coned-01
- Job Description
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Important note for part-time faculty applicants:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach.
Part-time faculty teach up to 6 hours per week. For more information about the different courses available, please look at the link to our School: “School of Continuing Education”.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Continuing Education requires a part-time professor to teach Production Systems, in the Operations program.
Description of course:
This course provides an introduction and overview of manufacturing. The need for New Product Development and its elements are defined, different types of manufacturing processes are described. This course also introduces Operations Management students to the basic techniques of engineering drawings, their interpretation and their components. Students will be exposed to the fundamentals of metrology and some basic measuring tools as well as Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing. The course concludes with providing basic knowledge and understanding of variety of manufacturing techniques, their characteristics and manufacturing related materials.
The responsibilities of Durham College Part-time Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades, and deliver hybrid and on-line courses;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A 3-year diploma in Operations
- Three to five years of recent and relevant work experience;
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies an asset;
- Use of technology to support student learning and managing grades;
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Committed to life-long learning;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Track record in meeting deadlines;
- Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders including students, other faculty members, support staff, administrators, other departments within the College and with external partners;
- Understanding of the Ontario community college system;
- Interest and/or experience in conducting research.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience. Applicants must have the appropriate accreditation or trade certification.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, ON
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type