Part-time Professors- The School of Hospitality and Horticultural Science
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Hospitality and Horticultural Science is currently recruiting for part-time professors to teach across a range of courses in its Hospitality – Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management; Special Events Management, Tourism – Destination Marketing; and Culinary Management programs. There is currently a need for individuals with professional experience, and a passion for teaching and learning, in the following areas:
- Operations Management focused in Hotel, Restaurant, Beverage, Culinary, Tourism
- Conference and Banquet Services
- Event Production
- Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
- Accounting & Finance
- Destination Development
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PART-TIME FACULTY APPLICANTS:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach. Part-time faculty teach up to 6 hours per week with varied schedules Monday through Thursday between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm and Fridays between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
To learn more about the School of Hospitality and Horticultural Science and its award-winning facility, please visit “School of Hospitality and Horticultural Science”.
The responsibilities of Durham College Part-time Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades, and deliver hybrid and on-line courses;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Required Experience
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience. Applicants must have the appropriate accreditation or trade certification.
- Job Location
- Whitby, Canada
- Position Type