Part-Time Professor - Security and Intellectual Property
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Justice and Emergency Services
Requires Part-time Professors in the Law Clerk- Advanced Program
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Durham College is seeking experienced and motivated professionals who share our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Justice and Emergency Services requires a part-time Professor to teach the following subject in the Law Clerk Advanced program:
- Security and Intellectual Property
Part-Time Professors teach with varied schedules of up to 6 teaching hours per week, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am – 7:00 pm. For more information about the different courses available, please look at the link to our School: "School of Justice & Emergency Services”
The responsibilities of Durham College Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, managing and posting of grades.
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field;A relevant Masters degree is an asset.
- Licensed Lawyer or Licensed Paralegal, in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada; relevant experience as a Law Clerk will be considered
- Knowledge of a law clerk’s tasks and responsibilities related to the areas of law;
- Law Clerk Advanced Diploma is an asset;
- Bachelor of Education is an asset;
- Three years of recent and relevant work experience;
- Experience creating an engaging and dynamic learning environment;
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset;
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a comprehensive understanding of adult educational principles and teaching methodologies;
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders including students, other faculty members, support staff, administrators, other departments within the College and with external partners;
- Understanding of the Ontario community college system;
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in the following areas:
- Diversity in instructional design and delivery
- Accommodation of a variety of learning styles
- Effective evaluation of student learning
- Use of technology to support student learning and management of grades
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for our postings and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR Assistant will work with you to meet your needs. The HR Assistant may be reached through any of the following methods:
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, ON
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type